TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Auto Zone, LOL! Vamps and the City by Kerrelyn Sparks

Auto Zone, LOL! Vamps and the City by Kerrelyn SparksVamps and the City by Kerrelyn Sparks
Series: Love at Stake #2
Narrator: Abby Craden
Published by HarperAudio on March 29th 2011
Format: Audiobook
Length: 11 hrs and 34 mins
Source: Library
three-half-stars
Audiobook | Goodreads
Who says a vamp can't have it all?

Darcy Newhart thought it was a stroke of genius—the first–ever reality TV show where mortals vie with vampires for the title of The Sexiest Man on Earth. As the show's director, Darcy's career would be on track again. And she can finally have a life apart from the vampire harem. Okay, so she's still technically dead, but two out of three's not bad. Now she just has to make sure that a mortal doesn't win. If only she wasn't so distracted by a super–sexy and live contestant named Austin...

But Darcy doesn't know the worst of it. Austin Erickson is actually a vampire slayer! And he's got his eye on the show's leggy blond director. Only problem is, he's never wanted any woman—living or dead—as badly. But if he wins her heart, will he lose his soul? And if it means an eternity of hot, passionate loving with Darcy, does that really matter anyway?

paranormal  AUDIOBOOK  smartfunny
VAMPS AND THE CITY by Kerrelyn Sparks was another fun and light listen. I liked the second book in the Love at Stake series a little more than the first book. I found the humor funnier and I connected better with the couple.

VAMPS AND THE CITY’s plot of a reality TV in the Vampire World similar to the Bachelor was a fun way to get Darcy and Austin together and to showcase some great side characters.

Like many paranormal romance series each book is about a different couple and all the side characters get their own books as the series goes on. And one side character I really enjoyed in VAMPS AND THE CITY was Maggie so I can’t wait to read her story in the novella, A VERY VAMPY CHRISTMAS.

Abby Craden is a narrator I’ve enjoyed in the past. Most of the audio books I’ve listen to that was narrated by her was New Adult romances heavy on the sex. So I was fun listening to her narrated something more PG rated and with a lot of humor. Abby did a great job as usual. She’s one of those female narrators that nails the male voice as good or better than the female voices. Her voice for one of the male vamps, Auto was super funny. Auto is a muscle head vamp that’s all about the bulges and Sparks wrote him as an Arnold Schwarzenegger stereo type and Abby used an Arnold like voice for him. LOL Yes it was cheesy but that’s the kind of character Auto was and it really worked.

If you’re in the mood for something on the light and fluffy side, I recommend the Love at Stake series. And so far I’ve enjoyed the narration. Each book has a different narrator so there might be some that are hit or miss in the future. In fact I’ve seen a few reviews on the narration for book 3 and they were all negative so I might end up reading it but I’ll give the narrator a try.