TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

A Quick Bite. How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks

A Quick Bite. How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn SparksHow to Marry a Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks
Series: Love at Stake #1
Length: 11 hrs and 35 mins
Source: Library
three-stars
Audiobook | Goodreads
So what if he's a bit older and usually regards a human female as dinner, not a dinner date? Yes, Roman Draganesti is a vampire, but a vampire who lost one of his fangs sinking his teeth into something he shouldn't have. Now he has one night to find a dentist before his natural healing abilities close the wound, leaving him a lopsided eater for all eternity.

Things aren't going well for Shanna Whelan either... After witnessing a gruesome murder by the Russian mafia, she's next on their hit list. And her career as a dentist appears to be on a downward spiral because she's afraid of blood. When Roman rescues her from an assassination attempt, she wonders if she's found the one man who can keep her alive. Though the attraction between them is immediate and hot, can Shanna conquer her fear of blood to fix Roman's fang? And if she does, what will prevent Roman from using his fangs on her...

AUDIOBOOK paranormal TBR Jar
First Thought:

HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE VAMPIRE is a fun and campy paranormal romance.

What I liked:

How the couple meet. Really, a vampire needing a dentist because he lost his fang biting into a sex doll? FUNNY!

What could have been better (for me):

“God’s Blood” was use in the place of any  profanity and it got on my nerves after a while. Most of the books I read have some profanity (even the few YA books I’ve read) and then some have more than enough. I’m not against a book being free of profanity but use different terms instead of sticking to the same one over and over. IMO it’s just as bad as someone dropping the f-bomb over and over.

Narration:

Suzanne Cypress did a pretty good job with the narration. Her timing and accent changes were spot on.

Will I continue the series?

Yes. I already have book 2, VAMPS AND THE CITY downloaded from the library.

Last Thought:

While HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE VAMPIRE was not a 5 star book it was still enjoyable.