TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Everything is Better with Bacon! Broken Soul by Faith Hunter

I received this book for free from Let’s Talk! Promotions in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was provided and all opinions are strictly my own.

Everything is Better with Bacon! Broken Soul by Faith HunterBroken Soul by Faith Hunter
Series: Jane Yellowrock #8
Length: 15 hrs and 34 mins
Source: Let’s Talk! Promotions
five-stars
Amazon | Audiobook | B&N | Goodreads
Jane Yellowrock is a vampire killer for hire—but other creatures of the night still need to watch their backs....

When the Master of the city of New Orleans asks Jane to improve security for a future visit from a delegation of European vampires, she names an exorbitant price—and Leo is willing to pay. That’s because the European vamps want Leo’s territory, and he knows that he needs Jane to prevent a total bloodbath. Leo, however, doesn’t mention how this new job will change Jane’s life or the danger it will bring her and her team.

Jane has more to worry about than some greedy vampires. There’s a vicious creature stalking the streets of New Orleans, and its agenda seems to be ripping Leo and her to pieces. Now Jane just has to figure out how to kill something she can’t even see….

KICKASShowlinggood AUDIOBOOK

WOW. Just WOW. Um where to begin. It’s going to be hard to talk about BROKEN SOUL without spoiling so I’ll try to keep it short.

Let’s get the narration out-of-the-way. Khristine Hvam is Jane and Beast. NO ONE else could narrate Jane Yellowrock any better! Hvam’s delivery of Faith Hunter’s characters is flawless. She nails it every time and is the reason this series is on my audio only list. Hunter’s writing is amazing, there’s no doubt but Hvam is like putting chocolate sauces and a cherry on top of the goodness that is Jane Yellowrock.

The series is very detailed and you really must focus on what’s going on. I made the mistake of zoning out for a few minutes while I was listening at work and ended up totally lost. Things were moving so fast I had to back up the audio to pick up the details I had missed. The whole novel is non-stop action from beginning to end.

BROKEN SOUL starts out as one kind of book and with all the twists and complex plot lines ends up being something I didn’t see coming. WOW Jane and Beast keep evolving into this unstoppable team of two souls in one body. Well, is that really one body since Jane can physically shift into Beast’s form? Mmm…

I’ve read other UF series where the main characters are weres, shifters, skinwalkers, etc and none have been done as well as Hunter’s Jane and Beast. The way they communicate is original. They really are two heroines sharing a space. And with the events of the previous book, BLACK ARTS and with what takes place here, neither has an idea where they are heading.

And for those who’ve been wanting some ON PAGE romance for Jane… you get it. It’s not smutty because this is Jane after all but we get details that are satisfying. And I can’t wait to see how that part of Jane’s (and Beast’s!) life changes. I think she’s finally ready for a true mate!

About Faith Hunter

FaithHunter5Small

New York Times bestselling author Faith Hunter writes dark urban fantasy and paranormal thrillers, including the Skinwalker series, featuring rogue-vampire hunter Jane Yellowrock, and the Rogue Mage series, a post-apocalyptic, alternate reality series, featuring Thorn St. Croix, a stone mage. She has a new series under wraps.

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/10/everything-is-better-with-bacon-broken-soul-by-faith-hunter/#comment-61607