TheBookNympho

TheBookNympho

Owen’s All Grown Up! Four Years Later by Monica Murphy

I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was provided and all opinions are strictly my own.

Owen’s All Grown Up! Four Years Later by Monica MurphyFour Years Later by Monica Murphy
Series: One Week Girlfriend #4
Length: 8 hrs and 53 mins
Source: Publisher
three-half-stars
Amazon | Audiobook | B&N | Goodreads
Over. That about sums up everything in my life. Suspended from my college football team and forced to cut back my hours at The District bar because of my crappy grades, I can’t keep turning to my sister, Fable, and her pro-football playing husband, Drew, to bail me out. I just can’t seem to find my own way. Weed and sex are irresistible temptations—and it’s messed up that I secretly hand over money to our junkie mom. A tutor is the last thing I want right now—until I get a look at her.

Chelsea is not my type at all. She’s smart and totally shy. I’m pretty sure she’s even a virgin. But when she gives me the once over with those piercing blue eyes, I’m really over. But in a different way. I won’t deny her ass is killer, but it’s her brain and the way she seems to crave love—like no one’s ever given her any—that make me want her more than any girl I’ve ever met. But what would someone as seemingly together as her ever see in a screwed up guy like me?

We’ve seen Owen as Fable’s kid bother but in FOUR YEARS LATER we get to see him more of a man. Well, on his way to being a man. He’s an adult of the ripe age of 19 and he’s in college.

Owen appears to be the stereo type dumb football player that needs tutoring so that he can get back on the football team. Chelesa is the quite wallflower nerd that screams “I’m a virgin” to everyone that meets her. (Yes, she’s a virgin but I didn’t hold that against her and the story because of her age and background.) So let’s throw these two together and see what happens…. Chemistry happens and that’s not even the subject Chelesa is tutoring Owen in.

Chelesa quickly sees that Owen is not just a stoner, football player. He’s actually pretty smart when he applies himself. And he’s hot. Owen doesn’t do relationships. He’s never had a girlfriend, or even wanted one. But there’s something about Chelesa that has him wanting more, with her.

FOUR YEARS LATER is romance that mixes sweet moments with some very adult moments. There was all kinds of swoon worthy moments form Owen and heart ache from them both. This is a couple that’s still so young but has been dealing with adult issues from a young age. They both have sucky parents that’s made them grown up faster than they should have.

Granted Owen and Chelsea romance is sweeter and more leaning towards a YA feel because of their age, than Drew and Fable’s story but there was still some dark issues they have to deal with. But over all FOUR YEARS LATER was lighter in tone and it was nice to see what Drew and Fable has been up to the last few years.

All the books in the series have a male and female narrator, each doing the POVs of the hero and heroine. And each couples’ book has a different set of narrators. So I was excited to listen to Owen’s story and to experience two new to me narrators.

Both Arielle DeLisle and Nick Podehl did a great job with their POVs in the narration but for me Arielle really stood out in her performance. She could have easily narrated the whole book by herself. Her male voices, especially Owen’s was so good that I thought there was a third narrator. She has a light female voice for all the female characters and for her non dialogue reading then when she switches to a guy her voice is deep and rough. It was like night and day difference and that’s hard to find in narrators. I’ll look for more work by Arielle.

Source: http://thebooknympho.com/2014/10/owens-all-grown-up-four-years-later-by-monica-murphy